A magically delicious cake for homemade tea. This cake for tea with cranberries and meringues will surely win you over with its taste. A crispy shortbread base and the most delicate sweet meringue, in which sour cranberries explode. It's incredibly delicious! Instead of cranberries, you can use other sour berries, for example, currants, cherries, lingonberries. Frozen berries must first be rearranged in the refrigerator and allowed to "move away" a little while the dough is being prepared.
Making such a pie with meringues and berries is not difficult at all and the products are available to everyone. These homemade cakes can be pampered by your family on weekends. But guests are not ashamed to serve it for dessert either. It looks very nice.
This berry and meringue tart is a must try! I assure you that it will become one of your favorite homemade pies.
- flour - 200 g
- butter - 100 g
- egg yolks - 3 pcs.
- sugar - 50 g
- sour cream - 2 tbsp. l.
- cranberries - 200 g
- sugar - 150 g
- egg whites - 3 pcs.
- bread crumbs - 1-2 tbsp. l.
Step by step recipe
1. First, knead the dough for the base of the pie.
Divide 3 eggs into white and yolk.
2. Put 100 g of cold, but not frozen, sliced butter in the bowl of the chopper. Pour 50 g of sugar and 200 g of flour.
Grind everything to small crumbs at the highest speed.
3. Add 3 yolks to the resulting crumb, mix again.
4. If the dough does not come together in a lump, add 2 tbsp. l. sour cream or kefir. Mix again. As soon as the dough gathers into a lump, immediately turn off the chopper. You can also knead this dough by hand.
5. Transfer the dough to cling film, wrap it up and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. The dough has already cooled down, we roll it into a circle. Shortbread dough, as a rule, does not want to roll out immediately, but crumbles into pieces. In order for it to be rolled out well and evenly, you first need to roll it out a little with a rolling pin, as far as possible, then fold it in half and roll it out again. Dough should be sprinkled with flour quite a bit. This should be done 5-6 times.
If you knead the dough with your hands, and not in a chopper, then such a soft and crumbly dough may not work, since this dough does not like the warmth of your hands.
Roll out the dough into a circle slightly larger than the diameter of the baking dish. We transfer the rolled dough into a mold, the bottom of which is covered with parchment paper.
7. With our hands we form a dough side. We cut off the excess and attach it to the place where there is not enough height. The height of the side should be about 2-3 cm. The diameter of my mold is 21 cm.
We prick the dough with a fork.
8. We put in the oven preheated to 200 degrees. We bake the base for about 15-20 minutes.
9. While the base is baking, prepare the filling.
Pour 3 squirrels into a bowl and start whisking. When foam appears and all protein bonds are destroyed, gradually we begin to add sugar about a tablespoon every 30 seconds. All you need is 150 g of sugar. Beat long enough. As a result, you should get a dense protein mass that keeps its shape well.
10. Pour 200 g of cranberries into this mass. I use frozen, but you can also take fresh. Gently mix everything with a spatula.
11. The base is already baked, we take it out of the oven. Pour about 2 tbsp at the bottom of the base. l. bread crumbs. Lay out the protein mass with cranberries on top. Distribute it evenly over the sand base.
12. We put everything in the oven again, preheated to 180 degrees. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Let the baked pie cool and remove from the mold.
The meringue and cranberry pie turned out to be very tasty and beautiful. A sweet cloud of meringue in which sour cranberries burst, this is just an indescribable extravaganza of taste. Be sure to cook such a pie, it is very tasty. If desired, cranberries can be replaced with other berries.
The recipe is taken from my culinary site. gotovimop.com