In fact, making cottage cheese cookies at home is very simple, the main thing is to choose fresh and high quality products. Any cottage cheese can be used for this baking, both store and homemade are suitable. Its fat content will not affect the taste as much as the calorie content, so the decision is yours. But butter is often replaced with margarine or spread, but I do not advise doing this, especially if the baked goods are intended for children. Cookies "Ushki" made from cottage cheese, prepared according to this recipe, turn out to be very tasty and are eaten instantly. I recommend trying it!
Cottage cheese - 0.5 kg.
Sugar - 120 g. (+ 50 g. for sprinkling)
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Butter - 200 g
Flour - 2.5 cups
Step by step recipe:
1. The first step is to prepare the food listed for the recipe. Sift the wheat flour through a fine sieve several times.
2. Combine cottage cheese with sugar in a suitable bowl and grind with a fork. You can use an immersion blender, but then the cottage cheese will not be so clearly felt in the finished cookies. I don't really like that, so I prefer the first option.
3. Melt the butter in the microwave, let it cool and add to the curd mass.
4. Add flour and baking powder. The amount of flour can vary, it depends on its quality and on the moisture content of the cottage cheese.
5. Knead a soft, curd dough with quick movements.
6. Apply some flour to your work surface and roll out the layer. To make it easier to work, divide the dough into several parts, while working with one portion, send the rest to the refrigerator. Cut out the circles with a glass; the size of the baking will depend on their diameter.
7. Remaining trimmings combine to re-roll until the dough is completely finished.
8. Pour sugar in a saucer and soak a circle in it, then fold it in half so that the crystals are inside. Roll it up again and dip the piece into sugar again, just one side. Place the convenience foods on a baking sheet with the “sweet” side on top. They should lie a short distance from each other.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
10. Delicious Ushki cottage cheese cookies are ready.
Serve chilled with a cup of aromatic tea, milk or cocoa.
Like and subscribing to the channel is the best thanks for us :)
All our recipes can be found on the website: https://vilkin.pro